Weekly Update: June 4-10
Save the date and tune in to our second webinar session!
Tuesday June 9th, 12:00 PM MST
Individual vs. Group Training
Our second webinar in the series will explore autonomy vs follow up. Athletes do parts of their training as a group and parts on their own. What objectives and impacts should we consider in deciding what kind of workouts to implement for either scenario.
- National Ski Team Coach for Nordiq Canada
- Graduate of the Norwegian School of Sports Science.
- Winner of the coach of the year from the Norwegian ski federation.
- Previously Head Coach at Team Kollen, the junior team constituted from clubs based at Holmenkollen in Oslo.
- Para Nordic National Ski Team Head Coach since 2010
- Former Olympian and visually impaired Para-Olympian guide
- Governor Generals’ Meritorious Service award recipient
- Recipient of numerous Petro Canada Coaching excellence awards
John Coleman, PhD
- Mental Training and Performance Consultant
- John has a PhD in philosophy and a Master’s degree in Performance Psychology
- He has been involved in three winter Paralympic cycles (2010, 2014, 2018) and two Olympic cycles (2014-2018) with multiple sport teams, including the Canadian National Biathlon and Paranordic teams.
- Canadian Cross National Ski Team athlete from Whitehorse, YK
- 2018 Winter Olympian
- Has been training with the Alberta World Cup Academy since 2012
- Dahria loves skiing because it gives her endless opportunities to spend time outside exploring and travelling to new places
- She is currently working on her Bachelor of Management in Marketing through Athabasca University
License Applications with an Easy Button
We are working to give members, race secretaries and the national office an easy button and are excited to launch these improvements:
A combined online application for Nordiq Canada and FIS race licenses
On Tier 2 event registrations hosted on Zone 4, athletes who do not have a race license will be prompted to purchase one, or a Supporting Member Day License, directly from Nordiq Canada as part of their event registration; SMDLs will be free if U12 by birthdate
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns as we prepare to launch.
Call for Nominations: Nordiq Canada Board of Directors
Are you interested in joining the Board of Directors? Three Directors at Large will be elected at the online Annual General Meeting on September 9, 2020.
Terms are three years subject to approval by the voting members at the AGM; if not approved, term length will be two years.
Candidates with experience in fundraising, marketing, and law are of particular interest to help round out the Board.
Para Nordic commences Virtual Preparation for Beijing
The Para World Cup team is just finishing up the first block of foundation building training for the year and tapering into a Beijing Virtual Simulation plan for INT block starting June 27th-July 5. Other Para Nordic athletes wishing to join can send their strava details in to National Para Team Coach Robin McKeever (contact below). Details to follow.
Able Body High Performance NST Camp Cancelled
Due to Covid restrictions the in person part of the NST Thunder Bay camp has been cancelled. We are working on releasing an online version to the athletes and coaches later this week. Please see this link for more information.
Covid 19 Update
Please check the latest update re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from the Sport Medicine Advisory Committee.
Advisory on COVID-19 Testing