Wax Tech Resources
Nordiq Canada continues to follow the global ski community and FIS in the strategy to phase out fluoro wax.
Fluoro Wax Rule for Nordiq Canada Sanctioned Races 2022-23
1. Fluoro wax is permitted for all athletes in the following events:
- Western Canada Cup/Nordiq Cup – Sovereign Lakes, BC
- Nordiq Canada Selection Trials and Nordiq Cup – Prince George, BC
- Nordiq Canada Ski Nationals – Thunder Bay, ON
- All fluoro wax
2. Fluoro wax is restricted for Canada Cups (FIS Tier 1) and all other Nordiq Canada sanctioned events. This includes:
- Eastern Canada Cups
- Easterns – Nakkertok/ ENGNE QC
- Westerns – Kimberly, BC
- Tier 2 events (Provincial)
- Fluoro Kick Wax
- High fluoro (HF), medium fluoro (MF), or low fluoro (LF) glide wax, including HF, MF, or LF powders, pucks, blocks and liquids
- Cold weather powder additives and hardeners
- Fluoro grip powders
- The health of our members along with environmental concerns around using fluoro wax is always one of Nordiq Canada’s top priorities. The international ski community including the International Ski Federation (FIS), national federations, and wax companies, are working together to find alternative waxing solutions.
- FIS has postponed a fluoro ban until after the 2022/2023 season as it continues to develop a reliable testing method.
Removing Flouro Wax
To ensure skis and equipment are properly cleaned of fluorinated products or residue, please follow the FIS recommendations.
Identifying Fluoro-free Products
All members are responsible for ensuring they use fluoro-free products. If you are unsure if a product contains fluoros, we recommend you not use it. Most wax distributors have fluoro-free categories on their websites.