2019 Ski to School Scholarship
This scholarship is to be awarded to an individual who combines excellence in both academics and cross country skiing. The scholarship has been funded by Canadian university alumni cross country skiers and other interested parties to encourage students to continue to combine excellence in both academics and cross country skiing as they proceed with their post-secondary, university or college education. If no individual applies who meets the requirements as determined in the sole discretion of the selection committee, the scholarship will not be awarded. In such event, a second scholarship may be awarded in a subsequent year.
Criteria: The applicant must meet the following requirements
- Individual must have achieved a grade average of B+ (80%) or above and demonstrated national level potential in cross country skiing;
- Individual must be attending a Canadian post-secondary, university or college educational institute as a full time student in the next academic year. The Selection Committee may consider individuals attending on a part time basis provided the individual will be completing a full academic year within a 12 month period;
- Individual must be a licensed racer and a member of a ski club in Canada.
Application process: Each participant needs to provide the following:
- a letter outlining, in 500 words or less, why they should be considered as a candidate for the scholarship;
- a summary of racing experience and results;
- information concerning other prizes, scholarships, or awards won in any endeavor;
- an academic transcript; and
- a letter of reference from their coach and/or local club.
Each applicant must agree in writing to release their name to the donor(s) and for publication purposes by Nordiq Canada.
Payment of Scholarship: The amount will be payable upon confirmation of enrollment at the educational institution in the case of an individual attending.
Notification of Applicants: While we appreciate applications received, only the successful applicant will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their applications.