2023-2024 National Ski Team Prospects Program-Olympic Stream
Congratulations to the following athletes who will be invited to a 2023-2024 Prospects camp based on the criteria outlined in the Nordiq Canada National Ski Team (NST) Selection Criteria 2023-24. All nominations and selections were reviewed and supported by the High Performance Committee, and summarized in the Selection Rationale.
PROSPECTS CAMP – EAST: July 11 – 16, 2023 Mont-Sainte-Anne QC
PROSPECTS CAMP – WEST: July 18 – 23, 2023 Revelstoke BC
The deadline to appeal the nominations is Friday, June 9, 2023 11:59 PM in the time zone of the appealing athlete. Appeals must be submitted in writing to Nordiq Canada’s Appeal Manager, Stefano Mingarelli, at .
Click above to view the complete Selection Rationale.
- The Prospects program is an east and west based camp program designed for U18 and U16 athletes.
- The goal of the Prospects program is to provide meaningful, GMP based training opportunities from multiple divisions.
- Aggregate Rank In Region placing is from the ranking list of eligible athletes from that region. Example, an athlete might be ranked 3rd overall on the aggregate list but be ranked first in their region.
- As this is a development program, criteria 5.5.b HPD discretion will remain open for athlete selection based on point 2.2.5
Athlete nominations were made by the High-Performance Committee (HPC) based on the Nordiq Canada National Ski Team (NST) Selection Criteria 2023-24. The HPC oversaw the selection process as per the Nordiq Canada Selection, Nominations and Announcement policy. Members of this committee are:
- Robbi Weldon (athlete rep – Para)
- Devon Kershaw (athlete rep – Olympic)
- Maria Lundgren (BC)
- Alain Masson (Yukon)
- John Lofranco (Athletics Canada)
- Julie Beaulieu (Nordiq Canada)
- Kate Boyd (Nordiq Canada)
- Chris Jeffries (Nordiq Canada)
Final athlete selections were approved by Chris Jeffries, High-Performance Director – Olympic