Nordiq Canada News
Community Notice: Update on Nordiq Canada’s Olympic Qualification Process
December 22, 2021
The following is an update on the current status of Canadian quota spots for cross-country ski events at the 2022 Olympic Winter Games in Beijing, China, February 4-20, and the Nordiq Canada Olympic athlete nomination process.
- As of December 21, 2021, Nordiq Canada has an Olympic quota of four (4) female and three (3) male athletes for the 2022 Olympic Winter Games.
- To date, one (1) female and three (3) male athletes have met Olympic criteria. Official nomination and selection will not be done until after Olympic Trials in January.
- Nordiq Canada will proceed with the Olympic Trials on Jan 6- 11 in Canmore, AB to select for the remaining female spots, as well as alternates for both genders.
- The Olympic Trials selection criteria and process, including the prioritization of Trials races, has been updated in the 2022 Olympic Winter Games Selection Criteria on the Nordiq Canada website in the document center.
- In response to the rapidly changing landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic, a final decision regarding changes to the hosting of Olympic and World Junior/U23 Championships Trials in Canmore January 6-11 will be confirmed and announced on Friday, December 24th.
- Working in partnership with the Canadian Olympic Committee, Nordiq Canada plans to announce cross-country ski athletes officially nominated to Team Canada around January 13, 2022.