Nordiq Canada News

Fluoro Decision to be Made by October 21

In light of the FIS decision to postpone the FIS fluoro ban until 2021, Nordiq Canada is considering the direction to take for events in Canada. We will consult with our membership, including the Domestic Development Committee. We understand the need to quickly decide whether to confirm, amend or delay Nordiq Canada’s fluoro-free rule. We will communicate our decision on or before October 21.

In a year of already great uncertainty, we appreciate that some of you may be disappointed by the FIS decision. We also appreciate the steps the cross-country ski community has taken over recent years to introduce no- or lo-fluoro policies at Division events.