Nordiq Connection – Running Webinar
Long distance running can be intimidating and everyone has to start somewhere. For cross country skiers it is an integral part of the annual training plan that helps to build endurance, stamina and strength for on and off the trails. Join us for this inaugural Nordiq Connection session that breaks down the science of running by providing guidelines for running progressions and injury prevention.
Panel for June 2nd includes:
- Manager of Coaching Education and Development for Athletics Canada, the national sport organization for Track and Field
- Coach for aspiring Olympians, university and high school student-athletes, and anyone interested in bettering themselves through sport
- 16-year member of the part-time faculty in Concordia’s English department and holds bachelors in common and civil law from McGill.
- National Ski Team Coach for Nordiq Canada
- Graduate of the Norwegian School of Sports Science.
- Winner of the coach of the year from the Norwegian ski federation.
- Previously Head Coach at Team Kollen, the junior team constituted from clubs based at Holmenkollen in Oslo.
- Former cross country skiing national team athlete and owner of Newtown Sales and brand representative for multiple outdoor endurance sports
- Salomon sports and marketing representative
- He is an accomplished mountain and trail runner, and competed at the World Mountain Running Championships 2002-2006