Save the date and tune in to our second webinar session!
Tuesday June 9th, 12:00 PM MST
Individual vs. Group Training
Our second webinar in the series will explore autonomy vs follow up. Athletes do parts of their training as a group and parts on their own. What objectives and impacts should we consider in deciding what kind of workouts to implement for either scenario.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81842162230?pwd=dFRYamlJK0E5M0NHeFVLdjRkSVZOZz09
Meeting ID: 818 4216 2230
- National Ski Team Coach for Nordiq Canada
- Graduate of the Norwegian School of Sports Science.
- Winner of the coach of the year from the Norwegian ski federation.
- Previously Head Coach at Team Kollen, the junior team constituted from clubs based at Holmenkollen in Oslo.
- Para Nordic National Ski Team Head Coach since 2010
- Former Olympian and visually impaired Para-Olympian guide
- Govern Generals’ Meritorious Service award recipient
- Recipient of numerous Petro Canada Coaching excellence awards
John Coleman, PhD
- Mental Training and Performance Consultant
- John has a PhD in philosophy and a Master’s degree in Performance Psychology
- He has been involved in three winter Paralympic cycles (2010, 2014, 2018) and two Olympic cycles (2014-2018) with multiple sport teams, including the Canadian National Biathlon and Paranordic teams.
- Canadian Cross National Ski Team athlete from Whitehorse, YK
- 2018 Winter Olympian
- Has been training with the Alberta World Cup Academy since 2012
- Dahria loves skiing because it gives her endless opportunities to spend time outside exploring and travelling to new places
- She is currently working on her Bachelor of Management in Marketing through Athabasca University