Weekly Division Update Oct 19
Dear Divisions, please share this information within your offices and with your members as appropriate.
Table of Contents:
- Person With a Disability (PWAD) 2023-24 – Becoming Para Ready
- 2024 Alberta World Cup Volunteers
Person With a Disability (PWAD) 2023-24 – Becoming Para Ready
Using the principles shared during the Be Para Ready Workshops in the spring – what is your club/division proposing to undertake to become more para ready, and shift your inclusive and Para-Nordic programming?
Nordiq Canada has a total of $30,000 to support grassroot and Gold Medal Pathway (GMP) Para Nordic initiatives across Canada – and will support up to a maximum of 50% of a proposed initiative.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DETAILS
Submit to: Kate Boyd
Closing Date: October 27, 2023, 23:59 MST
- All applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee designated by Nordiq Canada
- Successful candidates will be notified by phone and/or e-mail.
- Electronic submissions required. Please include the information required in Appendix A
2024 Alberta World Cup Volunteers
We’re on the hunt for some AWESOME volunteers to make our upcoming COOP FIS Cross-Country World Cup event in Canmore a SMASHING success, and we want YOU to be a part of the action!
EVENT VOLUNTEER DETAILS:
Date: Jan 29 to Feb 14, 2024
Location: Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park
Whether you’re a cross-country skiing fanatic or just looking for an exciting day out, we’ve got a role for you!
Here’s how you can get in the game:
- Outside Marshals / access control: Party people needed for our spectator Fan zones!
- Event Hosts: Get your event cowboy hat and swanky host bib and get ready to welcome and guide our many spectators!
- Green Team: Help us go green and move toward zero-waste waste by joining the passionate Green Team!
- AND MORE!
- Exclusive Event Hat
- A chance to WIN cool prizes
- Food and drinks on us
- A celebratory volunteer BBQ on Feb. 13th
- Loads of FUN and unforgettable memories!