COVID-19 Policy Update for Nordiq Canada-led Camps and Competition Trips
To protect the health and safety of staff and athletes, and in recognition of the complexity of camp and competition environments, all people participating in Nordiq Canada-led camps or competition trips must be:
- Fully vaccinated as defined by the Government of Canada, OR
- Provide a medical exemption or be ineligible for vaccination (for reasons such as age) AND provide a current negative PCR test result every 72 hours.
Nordiq Canada encourages athletes and staff who may be eligible for selection or participation to get vaccinated now, both to support Canada’s pandemic response and to ensure they are able to participate in upcoming camps and competitions.
In addition, Nordiq Canada supports the Government of Canada’s announcement with regards to air travel requirements requiring the full vaccination of all travelers aged 12 and older taking flights leaving Canadian airports or travelling on VIA and Rocky Mountaineer trains prior to boarding, beginning October 30, 2021.
Domestic Guidelines and Communications
Nordiq Canada fully supports the public health officials leading Canada’s pandemic response.
- Members and member organizations must follow public health orders in place where they operate.
- Divisions, clubs and organizing committees have Nordiq Canada’s support to implement additional rules, guidelines and best practices that make sense where they operate; for example, Nordiq Canada will support organizing committees who limit participation in sanctioned events according to vaccination status.
- Resources are available on the Nordiq Canada website; please determine and feel free to use the resources that apply to your situation. These resources include the status of planned competions.
- Regardless of decisions made at local levels, Nordiq Canada encourages vaccination as our best shot at a season and your best shot to be eligible to race across jurisdictions and participate in Nordiq Canada-led camps and competitions.
The health of our entire community – athletes at all levels, coaches, volunteers, staff and spectators – will always be our number one priority. It is simply not prudent to proceed with our season without mandatory vaccination for the protection of our entire community, and as proof of vaccinations will be required by higher authorities for domestic and international travel as well as the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Nordiq Canada’s pandemic response is guided by this Scenario Plan.