Frozen Thunder: October 18 – November 12, 2021
Frozen Thunder is financed and operated through a partnership agreement between: Nordiq Canada, Biathlon Canada, Alberta World Cup Academy, Alberta Biathlon, Nordiq Alberta, and WinSport with support from the Canmore Nordic Centre.
Frozen Thunder Reserved Track Time – Monday-Sunday 07:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Skiers must purchase and wear a Bib to use Frozen Thunder during reserved track time, as well as a Canmore Nordic Centre trail pass, which can be purchased at the day lodge or online. Anyone not wearing a bib or without a trail pass during reserved scheduled times will be asked to leave the Track even if they are a member of a funding partner.
- Reserved time periods are for high performance athletes training at high speed and intensity. Slower skiers MUST yield to faster skiers so as not to interfere with or impede this training. This time period is NOT for recreational skiing. No pulks, child ski carriers or any other skier towed devise not directly used for training, coaching, or health and safety response are allowed on Frozen Thunder during this time period.
- November 1, 2, 4, 9, and 10 are scheduled for National Ski Team high performance events during the reserved Frozen Thunder track time. Only users invited or registered to participate in the events will have access to Frozen Thunder on these dates.
- Non-reserved Frozen Thunder track times: Monday – Sunday from 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- Users do not require a bib to ski during this time period.
- A Canmore Nordic Centre trail pass is required to ski between 12:00 – 5:00 PM.
- Use of Frozen Thunder after 5:00 PM is free.
BIBS and SCHEDULING TRACK TIME
- Cost for Bibs during the reserved Track times are:
- $100 for All Access (4+ days of skiing)
- $30 for Single Day access
- Only people who will be skiing on Frozen Thunder need to purchase a bib. However, if government capacity restrictions are imposed upon the entirety of the Frozen Thunder ski area priority access to the space will be given to those who have purchased a bib.
- All bibs are purchased online through Zone 4 starting October 8, 2021, at 10:30 AM MST. No bibs will be sold in person.
- There is a $25 bib deposit fee. The deposit will be refunded upon return of the bib. Bib refunds will not be accommodated after Dec 22, 2021
- During the bib purchase process, users will select a training times on Frozen Thunder.
- Scheduled daily time slots are:
- 07:00 – 8:30 AM
- 08:30 – 10:30 AM
- 10:30 -12:00 PM
- Once a time slot has reached capacity it will not be available for selection.
- Only one time slot can be booked per day.
- Scheduled daily time slots are:
- Bibs must be ordered by noon the day prior to the pickup date so they can be properly packaged and prepared. Bibs to be picked up Saturday, Sunday or Monday must be purchased by noon on the Friday.
- Bibs are picked up from and returned outside the Nordiq Canada office located at the Canmore Nordic Centre (100, 1995 Olympic Way).
- A schedule will be posted at the entrance of the Track listing the bib numbers scheduled to use the Track at that time. Users must mark off their bib number when entering the track. Users can claim an open training slot by writing their bib number in the empty box on the schedule. Anyone on the Track with a bib number not on the schedule for that time period will be required to leave.
- Users are required to schedule their training time on Frozen Thunder to ensure COVID-19 safe capacity standards are maintained. Anyone on the track outside of their scheduled time will be asked to leave.
- All users are required to follow the COVID-19 protocols posted on the entrance to the Frozen Thunder track. Users who do not comply with the protocols will be asked to leave.
- Users must be in good health and free of any COVID-19 symptoms unrelated to pre-existing health conditions (asthma, allergies).
- Bibs will be sanitized and packaged according to COVID-19 government recommended health protocols.
- Nordiq Canada and Biathlon Canada offices are closed to the public. For this reason, bibs will not be available for purchase onsite nor will users who forget their bib be able to access a temporary one.
For more information or assistance contact: