Weekly Division Update Nov 30
Dear Divisions, please share this information within your offices and with your members as appropriate.
Table of Contents:
- Tier 3 Events: Updated FAQ and Template for Submitting Participant Details Available
- Nordiq Canada Events Primer
Tier 3 Events: Updated FAQ and Template for Submitting Participant Details Available
Documents are updated to include the link to the template for submitting participant details if not using Zone 4, more examples of Tier 3 events, and the refund policy. Thank you for your help to implement Tier 3.
Nordiq Canada Events Primer
The event primer is your “cheat sheet” for all understanding the domestic race calendar. In this document you will find:
1. Race names and their purposes
- COC vs. non COC Events
- What licenses an athlete needs to race
2. Sprint Structure and Ranking
- U20 athletes register in their actual age categories in all domestic FIS races
3. Event Tiers
- What is the difference between a “Nordiq Cup” and a “Canada Cup”?
- What is Tier 3?
4. Sprint Series
- Which races count
Note: This document is NOT a replacement for any Nordiq Canada selection document and serves only as a communication tool for clarification of event nomenclature and purposes. In the case of any discrepancy between this communication and any published selection criteria, the published Nordiq Canada selection criteria will prevail.
A complete definition of Competition Sanctioning and Events can be found here.